The Langley Memorial Hospital Medical Staff Association (LMHPA) Annual General Meeting and Medical Staff Association (MSA) elections were held on November 18th and were well-attended with 41 Physicians. The new executive board for both, MSA and LMHPA, was elected.
The newly elected members are:
- President MSA & LMHPA – Dr. Erika Mehl
- Vice President MSA & LMHPA – Dr. Michael Goodwin
- Secretary/Treasurer MSA & LMHPA – Dr. Geetha Gupta
- Member at Large, LMHPA – Dr. Zuheir Abrahams
- Member at Large, LMHPA – Dr. Anna Chlebak
Prior to the elections, a detailed Succession Plan for the MSA was created by Dr. Mary Borg. The Succession Plan was created in consultation with the past executive members and ensured compliance with Fraser Health Medical Staff bylaws and Rules, and LMHPA society bylaws. She was supported by Facility Engagement in this role. The succession plan detailed the executive positions, job descriptions, and the election process.