The Physician Quality Improvement (PQI) initiative started in 2015 to engage frontline physicians by providing them with an opportunity to come up with quality improvement ideas, receive the needed training and resources to implement their ideas and to partner with their peers on their quality improvement (QI) projects. SSC has worked collaboratively with each health authority and physician representatives to custom design a program that meets the needs of the local HA.
- Two-day QI training to physicians in multiple regions of the health authority,
- Opportunity to participate in more structured training with a cohort of your fellow physician colleagues.
- Funding is provided to allow physicians to work on either small or larger QI projects.
- Each health authority has been resourced to hire approximately six dedicated technical staff to support physicians in this endeavour.
Trained PQI physicians at LMH:
- Dr. Erica Phelps – PQI Faculty
- Dr. Daniel Negash – PQI Faculty
- Dr. Saeed Ganjizadeh Zavareh
- Dr. Rebecca Adams – PQI Faculty
- Dr. Stephen Noseworthy – In training
- Dr. Navneet Sidhu – In training